Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Leaves are Changing

Seasons. They seem to come and go. (For many of us, winter just doesn't want to go this year!) And I know there is purpose in the ebb and flow of seasonal change. The Lord desires to sharpen and mold and grow is in both times of difficulty and in times of contentment and joy.

But what do we do when we seem to be stuck? Like a perpetual Groundhog Day - we trudge through life just. . .surviving. Survival is normally such a positive expression. "I'm a cancer survivor", " I survived a car wreck", "Our marriage survived this difficult time". Why then do I feel like surviving is going to be the death of me?

This is a tough season. Joy - yes there has been so much joy. And there has been so much love as well. But, at the same time, I am just surviving. Trudging along from one thing to the next thing, to the next thing. My heart so desires communion with the Father and fellowship with other sisters.

This season is changing. I can see the leaves beginning to change. Isn't the Lord so good to bring about change? To rescue us from despair? I am amazed and overcome by His faithfulness in the midst of my wandering. Praise the Lord! He is STILL Emmanuel! He is STILL near!

He is the Rescuer.

God is faithful to reveal his character at all times, in the midst of sadness and in the midst of happiness. He has revealed Himself as my Rescuer. My Rescuer who is near to me. By his grace, he has lifted me, been Emmanuel to me. And my longing for fellowship and communion? He is near. He is true Joy.

See, we have to fight for happiness. But Joy? We experience joy through communion. Through experiencing God in all of His fullness.

So today, experience JOY. Don't just survive. Look for signs of a changing season. And rest in Him. Rest in Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment